Tomorrow, 16 June 2017, the Democratic Alliance in the Eastern Cape will hold a series of events to commemorate Youth Day.
The DA Eastern Cape Provincial Spokesperson, Mlindi Nhanha, said; “We commend the youths of 1976 who took bold steps in fighting against an inferior education system and for agitating for much-needed change. The impact of their bravery is the free society that we live in today. Today, the ANC does not care for our children’s future and subjects them to a failing education system. Our children deserve equal opportunities to thrive and improve their lives. The DA is the only party that can deliver this to all South Africans.”
The main Provincial event will be held in Grahamstown and will be led by the Provincial Youth Chairperson, Rashied Adams Cllr, and Former Provincial Youth Chairperson Khanyisa Daweti Cllr.
List of events:
- Provincial Youth Day Rally: Time: 09:30. Venue: Tantyi Hall, Grahamstown
- Youth Day Rally: Time: 10:00. Venue: Marhashu Village (next to main road); Flagstaff
- March against abuse on Women and Children: Time: 10:00. Venue: Starting point is Mzamomhle Sports Field; Mdantsane East London
- Donation of School stationary: Time: 10:30 and 12:00. Venue: Bulugha School and Cintsa East School; East London
- Youth Day Rally: Time: 10:00. Venue: Missionvale Sports Fields; Port Elizabeth
The following two tabs change content below.