Almost every potential advertiser on MyPE asks for stats on page views, visitors, touch points etc. The frustrating (and yet strangely rewarding) thing about stats is that they change all the time.
But, to my mind, relying on mere stats and numbers to purchase ad space always seems to me a bit of a hit and miss affair.
Let’s look at relevance first:
- MyPE speaks to many people that are fiercely supportive of their home town.
- MyPE is entering it’s 10th year of existence – a long time in the real world and even longer in the online world.
- MyPE gets many people submitting their business listings to the free business directory from Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch.
- Our focus is only on the 041 area.
- We focus on driving people to the MyPE web site and not to our Social Media pages which are only there to support the brand.
Conclusion: If you want to associate your Port Elizabeth based business with a strong relevant online brand that is fanatical about Port Elizabeth then your online choice is MyPE.
Lets look at numbers:
- This has lead us to look at visitor numbers for both of the above and settle for a number somewhere in between.
- Across all sections of the MyPE site we averaged 6 463 unique visitors a day, those people visited an average of 8.14 pages each (all numbers are an annual average for 2013 split evenly between the numbers reported by server stats and Google Analytics).
- Alexa has some indication of stats here.
- The sites busiest times occur between 8:00 am and 3:00pm
- We have a strong presence on Twitter, an average presence on Facebook, exposure on Google +, a growing presence on YouTube and a selected presence on Pinterest.
- There are literally hundreds of sites that will provide an indication of another web sites traffic and worth – a quick Google revealed this one: StatsCrop.com with some pretty close figures.
- Another way of estimating if your ad rands will be spent cost effectively is to look at the estimated worth of the web site you want to place your ads on in comparison to a competitor. As an example website sales agents, Flippa values MyPE (on a very broad basis) at between R2.5 and R4.05 Million.
BUT, the best way to test the waters is to:
- Commit a small amount of money and try a few ads for at least 3 months – remember these ads must be measurable in terms of the outcome you desire.
If you are still not convinced then phone the advertisers who have committed and ask them for their honest opinion.
DOUBLE BONUS: Ads placed in the month of love will receive double the time placed i.e. pay for one year and get one year free.
The following two tabs change content below.
These businesses support MyPE:
Article source: http://mype.co.za/new/2014/02/why-you-should-take-an-ad-on-mype/