“Since operators at our Traffic and Licencing Departments are continuously inundated with enquiries, I think it is necessary that we remind residents what they need for learner’s licence and driver’s licence applications amongst others,” said Member of the Mayoral Committee for Safety and Security John Best.
Learner’s Licence Applications:
- R213, 2 ID photos and proof of address of not older than 3 months.
- Application for Driver’s Licenses:
- Light motor vehicle: R294, 2 ID photos and proof of address not older than three months.
- Heavy motor vehicle: R345 and R225 for a motorcycle driver’s licence application.
- Application for PrDP: R324, 2 ID photos and proof of address not older than three months.
“Please note that proof of address, obtained from your Ward Councillor’s Office, will only be accepted when a customer does not stay in a formal house with a street address.
“In all other instances it is prohibited in terms of traffic regulations,” said MMC Best.
The following two tabs change content below.