The Springboks’ Castle Lager Rugby Championship home fixtures for 2018 were confirmed on Monday with matches scheduled for Pretoria, Durban and Port Elizabeth in the 22nd edition of the Southern Hemisphere championship.
The Wallabies will appear in Port Elizabeth for the first time in more than half a century when they take on the Springboks in the Eastern Cape on 29 September, while the All Blacks return to Pretoria for the first time in more than a decade when then they play at Loftus Versfeld on 6 October.
Meanwhile the Pumas will have happy memories for their return trip to Kings Park in Durban. On their last visit in 2015 they recorded their first victory over South Africa (37-25).
The Wallabies made the last of their four appearances in Port Elizabeth in 1963 (losing 22-6) while New Zealand’s last match at Loftus was in 2006 when they won 45-26.
Tickets for the matches at Loftus Versfeld and Kings Park will be available through the Blue Bulls and Sharks respectively. Details of ticket sales for the match at the Nelson Mandela Bay stadium will be announced in the New Year.
Springbok Castle Lager Rugby Championship Fixtures 2018 (kick off times to be confirmed):
- 18 August – Springboks v Argentina – Kings Park, Durban
- 25 August – Argentina v Springboks – TBA
- 8 September – Australia v Springboks – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- 15 September – New Zealand v Springboks – Westpac Stadium, Wellington
- 29 September – Springboks v Australia – Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, Port Elizabeth
- 6 October – Springboks v New Zealand – Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria
The following two tabs change content below.