With reference to the recent increases in VAT and Fuel and the land question:
- VAT goes up to 15%
- Petrol goes up by the highest rate in a long time
- Fuel is expected to increase by a large amount again next month
- The question of land re-distribution without compensation is on the table again.
For the increases above Government now gets a larger bite in tax and duties and Government stands to gain the most in terms of land re-distribution.
AND THEN the President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa makes an appeal to food manufacturers and distributors to NOT increase prices DESPITE higher operating costs.
- Is he trying to make everyone poorer and taxing the hell out of every single one of us?
- Surely if business does NOT increase prices then they place themselves in jeopardy of going out of business and the Government will collect less tax?
- Surely if business reacts and increases prices in order to stay in business then Government will collect more tax?
The following two tabs change content below.