Dear Ward 2 Residents
The municipality has advised that Public Meetings will be held to get input on the IDP, Budget and Annual Report.
The meeting for Wards 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, is this Wednesday, 14th March, at 6pm, at the Walmer Town Hall.
Please try and attend if possible to be able to voice your opinion.
Please raise matters that are problematic in your area, and motivate why the Council must implement our Ward 2 plan items.
Raise issues that are noted in the AG’s report especially those mentioned as matters of emphasis….. wasteful expenditure that could have been used for Service Delivery etc.
This is also your chance to raise problems such as:
- Commercial rates being charged on BB’s, instead of a mixed-use rate.
- Little or no maintenance of roads / verges in the suburb.
- Summerstrand Stormwater issues still not resolved.
- Increasing number of sewerage blockages, burst water pipes, power failures, etc.
- Lack of Traffic policing / no maintenance of Public Open Spaces / etc.
I would like to encourage all residents to attend this meeting and raise issues that are important to you with the Municipal Officials present.
Please note that there is also a Sectors meeting, on the same issues, at City Hall, on Thursday, 15th March. This meeting is either at 2pm or 17h30, as two different times have been given? (Editor’s Notes: Feel free to jump in here and ‘communicate’ Roland/Kupido by confirming the correct times!)
Ward 2 IDP Priorities – Submitted by DN Biddulph
- Beachfront Upgrade Improvements
- Refurbish Southern Beachfront Walkways
- Upgrade of Golden Mile gateway to beachfront
- BAYWORLD upgrade refurbish
- Improve beachfront lighting and security
- Water Irrigation – Southern Beachfront
- Refurbish upgrade Octagon toilets
- Shelter for informal trader’s market Octagon
- Formalise entrances to King’s Beach
- Dune rehabilitation
- Rehabilitate promenade sea wall – in danger of collapse
- Improve beachfront children’s play areas playground equipment
- Re-do landscaping at Hobie Beach recreational areas
- Cape Receife return effluent water pipe for servicing of beachfront non-potable water needs
- Rehabilitate Frames Dam – Happy Valley
- Finalise King’s Beach Happy Valley LSDF
- Calls for expressions of interest/request for proposals for Beachfront Development Nodes at Kings Beach Pollock Beach
- Stimulate local economic development via beachfront concessions
- Schools – Youth programmes to address drugs, sex education etc.
- South End Cemetery – replace palisade fence to ensure residents safety improve maintenance
- Summerstrand Ext 14 – clear remaining illegal dumping and sell metro plots
- Removal of alien vegetation in Ward 2 – ongoing
- Ward based greening – planting of additional indigenous trees throughout ward
- Traffic circle at intersection of Strandfontein McArthur, Summerstrand
- Traffic light – intersection of Walmer Boulevard Mitchell Street, Southend
- Upgrade street lighting – priority route – La Roche Drive from Beach Rd/Marine Drive to Forest Hill
- Make provision for additional lifeguards and training up to peace officer level to improve beachfront safety security
- Upgrade ablution facilities at Forest Hill Cemetery
- EDTA to enter negotiations with province/Transnet in respect of saving the Apple Express and investigate concession of the line
- Establish recycling facility at Strandfontein refuse Transfer Station
- Erosion revetments and upgrade of beach area between Happy Valley and Hobie Beach
- Refurbish and repair Hobie Pier
Article source: http://mype.co.za/new/2012/03/urgent-idp-and-budget-meeting/