Cape Town – Fifteen braai teams will battle it out in a picturesque setting across South Africa when the third season of Ultimate Braai Master starts on Thursday 11 September at 20:30 on e.tv.
Pick n Pay is still the sponsor of this advertiser-funded (AFP) TV production, but Ultimate Braai Master will no longer be shown on SABC3 but on e.tv from 11 September 13 episodes.
“This is an acquisition e.tv is incredibly proud of,” says Monde Twala, the group head of e.tv’s channels division about the third season of the show.
It also means that South African TV viewers will also be able to watch Ultimate Braai Master in high definition (HD) for the first time on OpenView HD where e.tv HD (OVHD 104) is shown as an HD channel.
Ultimate Braai Master is produced by food provocateur Justin Bonello’s film company, Cooked in Africa Films.
Fifteen braai teams will compete against each other across South Africa in gruelling and innovative outdoor cooking challenges.
As previously reported, the South African born chef Petrus Madutlela who returned to South Africa, has joined Ultimate Braai Master as a new judge. The other judge is Bertus Basson.
Here’s the 15 braai teams competing in the third season of Ultimate Braai Master:
1. Team Santa Anna’s: friends from Stellenbosch, Braai Master Piet Marais and Braai Buddy Frik Oosthuizen.
2. Team Braai Dukes: cousins from Durban, Braai Master Milani Motlohi and Braai Buddy Kevin Jonas.
3. Team Bushies Gone Wild: friends from Durban, Braai Master Sherwyn Weaich and Braai Buddy Zane Jacobs.
4. Team Ala Mofepe: colleagues from Pretoria, Braai Master Freddy Buyane and Braai Buddy Jabu Mahlangu.
5. Team Simply Sisters: friends from Pretoria, Braai Master Busisiwe Dhladhla “Bee” and Braai Buddy Thembeka Ngcobo “T.T”.
6. Team Kaiings and Afval: a couple from Johannesburg, Braai Master Tippie Enslin and Braai Buddy Santie Mostert.
7. Team Smokey and The Bandit: a brother and sister from Queensborough, Braai Master Barend Deminey and Braai Buddy Lente Deminey.
8. Team Tenacity: a couple from Cape Town, Braai Master Rod Hemphill and Braai Buddy Lesley Verhoef.
9. Team Sugar and Spice: friends from Johannesburg, Braai Master Celeste Raynard and Braai Buddy Chantel Geerdes.
10. Team Tong in Cheek: friends from Johannesburg, Braai Master Penny Rider and Braai Buddy Dee McCool.
11. Team The Fire Feeders: friends from Port Elizabeth, Braai Master Stuart Smith and Braai Buddy Bretton-Anne Moolman “BA”.
12. Team Weskus Braaiers: best friends for life from Langebaan, the West Coast of South Africa, Braai Master John Grundlingh and Braai Buddy Julian Mori.
13. Team Mix Masala: friends from Stanger (Kwa-Dukuza), Braai Master Sujith Singh and Braai Buddy Prishen Maharaj.
14. Team Delicious Foodies: a daughter and mother duo from Gordon’s Bay, Braai Master Brigitte Leclercq and Braai Buddy Lynn Leclercq.
15. Joining the 14 teams is Pick n Pay’s Wild Card team, Tikka Boys, represented by Braai Master Mohamed Yusuf Sujee from Ottery, Cape Town and his friend and Braai Buddy Stephen Mandes, from Parow, Cape Town.