Ahead of the 7 May National Elections you would do well to acquaint yourself with the Political Parties registered on the National level for the elections.
Today we introduce you to: True Freedom Party – TFP
IEC Status: Registered
Contact Person: Gift Mashabane
Telephone: 072 1870297
Postal Address: 10285 Mthimkhulu Street, Mamelodi East, 0122
Aims and objectives:
- To unite all the people of South Africa, black and white, Indian and Chinese, Gay and Lesbian by reminding ourselves that we are one irrespective of color, creed, beliefs, values and religious affiliation.
- To promote and protect the rights of children, women, gays and lesbians, disabled and the weak.
- To combat and end corruption, segregation, abuse of power by those in authority
- To promote the equal distribution of wealth to all the people of South Africa
- To promote and uphold ubuntu
- To work towards a prosperous and self sufficient South Africa.
- To promote and recognize all 11 official spoken languages in South Africa.
- To deliver the best service to all the residents of South Africa and to reduce service delivery protests to zero.
- To encourage and create opportunities for the youth of South Africa to obtain educational qualifications that are needed by the country so that they can contribute positively to the economic needs of the country
- To fight and eradicate the scourge of drug abuse.
- Foster an environment conducive to sustainable and equitable economic growth
- Establish and maintain legitimate transparent and accountable political institutions
- Securing the South African population from violent conflict and attack
- Meeting the basic human needs of South Africa’s population
Gift Mashabane was born on the 6 August 1965 in Mamelodi East. He is the first born child of Monica Morakane and David Madala Mashabane. He attended his primary school in Sikhanyisele then moved to Sindawonye Primary School and then to Mamelodi High School where he passed his matric in 1984.
He started working as a taxi driver after matric between 1985 and 1986 and between 1986 and 1987 he worked as a till packer at Menlyn. Between 1988 to 1991 he registered for a BA degree in Psychology and Sociology. After graduating he didn’t have money to further his studies instead he worked as a sales representative selling hair products to hair salons. In 1994 he opened his own hair salon and whilst he was running his business he registered for a BComm degree with the then Vista University. In 2005 he sold his hair salon and in 2006 he studied full time and graduated in 2007 for his B Comm degree. In 2008 he joined the Auditor General of South Africa as a Trainee Accountant until his resignation in March 2012. His intention when he tendered his resignation was to start a private school, he was dismayed when he was compiling the admission policy for the school, he discovered that private schools dismissed children when their parents failed to honour their school fees obligation. That changed his perspective. He couldn’t tolerate the humiliation and torture imposed on the poor child. To him education is a right and not a commodity. That propelled him to start a political party to challenge the system with an aim of bringing true freedom to his people.
This information is gathered from the IEC and the above party website or publicly available documents.
Some essential links ahead of the elections:
Click here to see ALL 2014?s registered national parties.
The following two tabs change content below.
These businesses support MyPE:
Article source: http://mype.co.za/new/2014/04/true-freedom-party-tfp/