As part of its ongoing AFCON marketing and promotional activation drive, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality will be undertaking an activation trip through the Northern Areas on Sunday, 13 January 2013. Diski dancers and the AFCON mascot, Takuma, will accompany the trip and perform at the various activation points (Booysens Park, Bloemendal and Gelvandale), while an MC (Francois Scholtz) will ensure that the AFCON message is spread during a slow drive en route to and from the various activation points. Various municipal Councillors, as well as well-known SAFA personality Frankie Schoeman, will accompany the activation trip. The giveaways and fliers distributed will add to the hype to ensure that the ticketing sales ladies accompanying the activation trip will be kept pretty busy.
The day’s proceedings are as follows:
- 12h00: Meet at the Vuyisile Mini Square (Market Square)
- 12h30 – 13h00: Depart for Booysens Park via Windvogel, Bethelsdorp Road, Missionvale and Kleinskool (while driving through these areas, the MC will be talking to the people on a slow drive)
- 13h00 - 13h30: Set up and do activation at Booysens Park Community Centre (giveaways and flyers, competitions, dancers and Takuma, ticket sales)
- 13h45 – 14h30: Depart and set up and do activation at Bloemendal (near Library).
- 14h45 – 15h30: Depart and set up and do activation at Arcadia – old taxi terminus.
- 15h45 – 16h30: Depart and drive through Salt Lake, Helenvale. Set up and do activation at Gelvandale Spar.
- 16h30: Return to Vuyisile Mini Square via Schauderville.
Eyethu! Be part of it!