Johannesburg – Some construction companies that signed consent agreements with the Competition Commission for collusive tendering and bid-rigging contraventions face possible prosecution by the Competition Tribunal for further contraventions.
An appendix compiled by the commission indicates that 16 implicated projects were not being settled in terms of the construction fast-track process, including one case implicating Murray Roberts (MR), four cases implicating Wilson Bayly Holmes-Ovcon (WBHO), Basil Read (four) and Raubex (two).
Trudi Makhaya, the deputy commissioner, said on Friday that all these cases were part of the fast-track process.
They were cases where companies had not disclosed their involvement but had been implicated by the admissions made by other firms.
Makhaya confirmed there were also “a few” legacy cases. These are cases excluded from the fast-track process because the commission had initiated these investigations before it launched the fast-track process.
She said there were