The Chinese Government is offering scholarships for South African students to study at Chinese institutions from September 2017. The scholarship may be awarded for postgraduate (Masters, PhD or Post-doc) or non-degree Chinese language studies. Bachelor’s degree scholarships are taught in Chinese and will only be awarded to applicants who already have the required level of Chinese proficiency (HSK 4 or above). Preference is given to applicants for postgraduate studies.
- Bachelor’s (only for those already proficient in Chinese)
- Chinese language
- Advanced Studies
WHO CAN APPLY?
- South African citizens in good health with a strong academic record.
- Available to study in China from September 2017.
- Demonstrated interest in China and commitment to the development of South Africa.
- Applications for PhD studies are open to all fields of study.
For other levels of study, preference will be given to postgraduates and applications in the following fields:
- Chinese language studies
- Environment and Climate change
- Engineering Maritime Studies
- Natural and physical sciences
- Nuclear and renewable energy
- Space science and technology
All students must meet the minimum academic requirements for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
All bachelor’s applicant must have a HSK Level 4 certificate in order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
It is the responsibility of each candidate to do research into available programmes, institutions and programme-specific entrance criteria. The programmes and institutions available under this scholarship are listed at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/programsearchen.aspx.
The application process is two-fold:
- Complete the DHET application form www.Internationalscholarships.dhet.gov.za and email it with all supporting documents to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za by 22 March 2017.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete the CSC online application which can be downloaded on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn and submit a completed medical examination form (medical tests to be done at applicants own cost). Only candidates who are notified that they are shortlisted need to submit these forms.
DEADLINE: 22 MARCH 2017
Applications may be submitted by email and must reach the DHET by the deadline of 22 March 2017.
By email: Subject: Chinese Scholarship Application, [Your surname]
If attachments exceed 3MB, they will not be received. Please contact us regarding an alternative means to submit.
Enquiries: email: email@example.com
All applications received by the DHET will be acknowledged by email within two working days. Please follow-up if you do not receive an email acknowledgment.
DOCUMENTS AND LINKS
- Application form
- About the scholarship
- Available programmes and institutions
- Information about studying in China
The following two tabs change content below.