Editor: Names and other info has been removed from the letter below which was addressed to MyPE and the Executive Mayor, the Acting City Manager, the Mount Rd SAPS and the Executive Secretary Public Health.
I have this morning at precisely 08:20 hrs received a complaint from a resident who lives in Stebonheath Road in Sydenham near to an Ambrose Street residence in Sydenham. The complainant is an 83 year old woman.
In light of the fact that permission was granted for a ritual/cultural slaughtering to take place on 20/07/2013 at 40 Ambrose Street, please note that in terms of the conditions the following were not complied with and thoroughly abused:
- No health nuisance (stench, noise, flies, manure etc) being created to the environment and neighbouring premises.
- Compliance with all noise legislation applicable within the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality at all times
- The slaughtered meat to be for private use only and not for distribution/sale to the public.
- Compliance to the Liquor Act 59 of 2003 regarding the use of alcohol.
- Compliance to the National Road Traffic Act 93 of 1996 regarding road and verge use.
The SAPS Mount Road was contacted on 10111 by the complainant.
The owner of the premises uses this procedure of slaughtering as a means to create income. On this occasion numerous people attended the slaughter and were drunk and urinating in the street and in all abusing and not complying with the conditions as listed.
I request, with all due respect this matter be attended to without delay and any further applications be refused.
Cllr Jeremy Davis
These businesses support MyPE:
MyPE supports PE business:
Article source: http://mype.co.za/new/2013/07/ritual-slaughtering-for-gain/