It takes vision, determination and discipline to plan for your retirement. Ready Set Retire is a three-part programme developed by Alexander Forbes, in association with Personal Finance, that gives you the knowledge you need to make informed retirement planning decisions.
The second phase of the programme, the Ready Set Retire Club sessions, begin in June. At the first one, Jenny Gordon, head of retail legal at Alexander Forbes Financial Planning Consultants, will take you through tax planning concepts that are important both before and during retirement. This session will prove invaluable both to those who are planning their retirement and those in retirement. Understanding how the tax system works will help you make better financial decisions.
The club sessions take place at the following venues around the country:
* Cape Town. June 19, 5pm to 8pm at the Alexander Forbes Offices, Block A, The Boulevard, Searle Street, Woodstock.
* Port Elizabeth. June 24, 3pm to 6pm at the Beach Hotel, Summer Strand.
* Durban. July 1, 5pm to 8pm at the Southern Sun Elangeni Maharani, 63 Snell Parade.
* Johannesburg. July 2, 5pm to 8pm at the Alexander Forbes offices, 115 West Street, Sandown.
Seats are limited, so booking is essential.
The three parts of the Alexander Forbes Ready Set Retire programme are:
1. The annual conference, which was held in March this year.
2. Ready Set Retire Club: sessions are hosted nationally to cover a range of topics affecting retirees, as well as issues to consider when planning your retirement. These take the form of discussion forums.
3. Online retirement community: an online platform for retirees to boost their social network, find out about pensioner discounts and much more.
For the club sessions, there is an entry fee of R50 if you didn’t attend the annual conference in March. Go to www.readysetretire.co.za to book. Booking opens on Tuesday, May 20.