The full itinerary was announced by Zimbabwe Cricket on Thursday.
South Africa will arrive in Zimbabwe on August 5 for a month-long tour that will end with a triangular One-Day International (ODI) series that includes Australia.
The Proteas tour will start with a Test match against Zimbabwe at the Harare Sports Club on August 9.
The Test match will be followed by three ODI matches at the Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo on August 17, 19 and 21 before South Africa and Zimbabwe return to Harare for a triangular ODI series with Australia.
All the matches of the triangular series will be held at Harare Sports Club, with the first between Zimbabwe and Australia on August 25.
“It is natural for all the international teams to shortly turn their attention to the 2015 Cricket World Cup and the tour to Zimbabwe will trigger our campaign,” said Cricket South Africa (CSA) chief executive Haroon Lorgat.
“Leading up to the World Cup, the Proteas will have an intense programme of ODIs against Zimbabwe, Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand, all away from home, before facing the West Indies in the Momentum ODI Series in South Africa.
“Playing nearly 25 matches in this format, mostly away, will present good opportunity for our team to prepare for the World Cup.” said Lorgat.
Zimbabwe v South Africa, Harare Sports Club (August 9-13).
- First ODI: Zimbabwe v South Africa, Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo, (August 17);
- Second ODI: Zimbabwe v South Africa, Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo (August 19);
- Third ODI: Zimbabwe v South Africa, Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo (August 22).
- South Africa v Australia, Harare Sports Club (August 28);
- Zimbabwe v South Africa, Harare Sports Club (August 30),
- South Africa v Australia (September 3);
- Zimbabwe v South Africa, Harare Sports Club (September 5);
- TBC v TBC, TBC (September 7).
Comment Cancel reply