Afda is registered as The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration Certificate no. 2001/HE07/012.
Applications are invited for the position of production course lecturer and administrator.
As the production course lecturer and administrator, Afda is looking for a committed and dedicated industry professional to lecture and provide support to undergraduate students in their production course modules. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of theory and application across all the schools within the undergraduate class. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace Afda’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at Afda. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their productions. In this way we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable local creative entertainment industry.
- Lecturing first, second, and third-year degree students on production course modules: narrative, performance, medium, aesthetics, and control
- Administration of group feedback sessions: concept pitches, pre-production presentations, and final review
- Assessment of written and practical work across the undergraduate school
- Management of the online Learning and communications platform – my.afda – for production course
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Providing administrative support to the head of the production course department
- Attendance registers, class management, and tutorial administration
- Timetable planning
Requirements and personal attributes:
- Relevant honours, master’s or equivalent degree in film, television, live performance, and/or media studies
- At least five years’ experience in the film and entertainment industry
- Exceptionally strong administrative skills
- Computer literacy
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence
- Culturally aware and sensitive
Please send the following to az.oc.adfa@dmyk
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- three references
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posted on 06 Dec 11:11
Article source: http://www.bizcommunity.com/Job/196/97/357612.html