The messages coming out of the Northern Areas are heartbreaking. These images, video and audio were sent to MyPE by an anonymous contributor. Listen carefully to the rap. Has the powder keg exploded?
Below is a verbatim transcript of a message doing the rounds on WhatsApp:
Northerns don’t want Trollip’s change.
The people of the Northern Areas want to express their utter disgust towards Athol Trollip for the following reasons:
Before the elections Trollip said the following:
- He will stop gangsterism. Trollip appointed Yolanda Faro as head of Metro Police from Cape Town to make Northerns safer. On Monday 1 May 5 people were killed in the Northern Areas and Trollip did absolutely nothing. Two weeks ago when Trollip and his white friends were nearly mugged on a cycling route Trollip immediately secured Metro Police on that route without any meeting. This is clear of Trollip’s apartheid style handling of matters. Before the elections Trollip was riding taxis in the Northern Areas much to the amusement of many people in the Northerns now Trollip comes into our area surrounded by military style body guards.
- rollip said suspended officials will not be paid their monthly salary. Trevor Harper and other suspended officials are paid every month
- Trollip said the DA would never give golden handshakes, well he gave Pierre Voges 2 golden handshakes and still had the nerve of re-employing Pierre at a salary of R160 000 a month. We are told that the Germans have stopped the multi million rand funding to Helenvale
- Trollip promised that the buses will be running in November 2016. We are nearing November 2017 and there is no sign of any buses. Some taxi organisations are deliberately omitted from the IPTS which causes tensions and possible violence in our areas
- Trollip promised the Northern Areas safety and Metro Police now their cycling routes are made safer and reinforced with Metro Police.
- Trollip promised a bigger budget for the Northern Areas and yet he scrapped a R8 million project for the commemoration of the 1990 uprising. Trollip has introduced an apartheid budget cutting all development to the Northern Areas.
- Trollip promised a smart city now the city is not so smart. This guy, he is really making a farm of this metro .
- When households owe only R3.50 on their municipal account their electricity gets blocked. They have to pay R340 for reconnection. Our pensioners and grant recipients have to pay one third of their income only for reconnecting electricity. Furthermore – the MBDA has not been delivering what was supposed to be covered by the German funding, there is no audit report to show how much and how the monies has been spent and what is leftover.
- The question surrounding the DA not winning the ward fair and square during the election due to the ballot boxes that went missing on which the IEC did nothing about the formal dispute that was lodged.
- No service delivery from the DA councillors and no public meetings held.
- Local SMME’s from the community not benefiting from projects by MBDA and others.
- There were 67 people employed by the Metro Police who were brought in from the Western Cape to come and work here, yet Trollip said he will address unemployment in the metro. Our unemployed matriculants could’ve have been employed in these posts? These issues have been raised with the office of the Mayor on several occasions through petitions and a memorandum that was handed over and a meeting was requested, they never came back to the community to set up that meeting. There are other wards that are joining us in solidarity for these issues and we want to submit names from all these wards of unemployed matriculants who can replace those 67 people that were imported by Trollip to be in the Metro Police. Since Trollip became Mayor he is implementing projects of the ANC and Danny such as handing out title deeds to home owners. For the less then 2 years when Danny was the ANC Mayor he brought investments of more then R31 billion – Trollip must tell this metro what new projects has brought in since his appointment.
The following two tabs change content below.