Cold winds, rainy weather, nothing could stop the party animals from seeing their favourite musicians perform on Saturday night.
- Soweto Camp Festival
- Masheane to make Easter magic
- Mlangeni celebrates women in first show
- Soweto on the map as a wine destination
- Mbaqanga music still matters: Mahotella Queens
- Ishmael ditches POC reunion gig
- Trending Pulane speaks out after leaked nudes
- Open letter to L’vovo Derrango, DJ Merlon and DJ Shimza
- Aspiring musicians encouraged to enter iRock “Battle for the stage” competition
- DJ AJ’s album inspired by heartbreak.
- Miley Cyrus film withdrawn from porn festival
DStv’s iRock music festival visited the windy city Port Elizabeth, Nelson Mandela Bay at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium for the first time in this year during the Easter break.
The crowd was treated to performances by Beatenburg, Monique Bingham, Busiswa, AKA as well as DJs Fresh and T-bo Touch.
However it was locals Ringo Madlingozi and Thandiswa Mazwai who proved to be the crowd favourites and had everyone singing along and dancing to their popular tunes.
The festival also gave a local House music group ‘Tivi’ a chance to perform in front of a big crowd as the opening act of the night.
Tivi were the winners of the DStv iRock Music Festival’s Battle for the Stage competition. They also won a cash prize of R5000, an editorial feature in The Herald newspaper, as well as an opportunity to appear on V-Entertainment on Vuzu.
The MC for the night was the lovely Dineo Moeketsi from V-Entertainment.