Each year since 1977, the International Council of Museums has organized International Museum Day (IMD), a special time for the global museum community. On this day, participating museums interpret a topic affecting cultural institutions. International Museum Day is also a fantastic opportunity for museum professionals to meet their public and highlight the role of museums, which are institutions meant to serve and develop society.
The following family activities will take place at the PESAAF Museum on Saturday 18 Sunday 19 May from 10h00 to 15h00:
- Aviation film screenings.
- Cell Phone Photography contest.
- Free guided tours.
- Visits to restoration areas / workshops in progress.
- Kiddies glider model build competition.
- Launch moving of Bofor Gun into hangar.
- Food beverages.
- Scale Model Builders Association demos workshops.
- Kiddies play ground.
Contact Don Bell to be directed to team leaders for more information on the events and activities taking place – don[at]gate-7.co.za and visit the Friends of the Port Elizabeth South African Air Force Museum Facebook Page for more info.