Since the start of Operation Lockdown in March 2016, the various intervention teams deployed to the Northern areas of Bethelsdorp and Gelvandale are achieving significant successes. Suspects arrested on a daily basis for serious crimes are detained and brought before a court of law. Illegal firearms, ammunition and drugs are also confiscated on a daily basis and positive responses are received from both communities on the efforts of these teams in ‘cleaning up the areas’ of drugs and gang-related crimes.
The following successes were achieved from 4-11 April 2016:
- 6 arrests for Possession of / Dealing in Drugs including dagga, tik, cocaine and mandrax .
- 5 arrests for Possession of suspected stolen property
- 6 arrests for Attempted murder
- 1 arrest for Murder
- 1 arrest for Illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition
- 1 arrest for Drunken Driving
Type of Exhibits Seized:
- 582 rolls of dagga
- 1 Pellet gun
- 38 Mandrax tablets
- 4 Packets of tik
- 26 Tik pipes
- 36 Packets of cocaine
- 1 gas gun
- 4 Firearms
- Substantial amount of cash
- Large amount of ammunition belonging to various firearms
During last week, several gang members were arrested for gang-related crimes. The multi-disciplinary teams working together on Operation Lockdown are committed to ensuring that criminals that are terrorising the communities of Bethelsdorp and Gelvandale are arrested and brought to book.
The following two tabs change content below.