The Springboks will face 2013 Six Nations champions Wales in two Tests in Durban and Nelspruit during the Castle Lager Incoming Series in June, followed by a once-off international against Scotland in Port Elizabeth.
The fixtures were confirmed by the South African Rugby Union (SARU) on Wednesday.
In total, the Springboks are scheduled to play 14 matches in 2014, of which 13 are Tests. The other, a non-Test Springbok match against a World XV on 7 June in Cape Town, is to be confirmed.
The two local Tests against Wales, on 14 and 21 June, will be played at Growthpoint Kings Park in Durban and the Mbombela Stadium in Nelspruit, after which the Boks will host Scotland at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth on 28 June.
The home Tests in the Castle Lager Rugby Championship will take place at Loftus Versfeld in Pretoria (against Argentina), DHL Newlands in Cape Town (against Australia) and Ellis Park in Johannesburg (against New Zealand) as was announced last year.
The traditional November tour to the Northern Hemisphere will include a fourth Test this year, scheduled for 29 November against Wales.
“We’re very excited about the schedule for the year, which will give Heyneke Meyer and the Springboks a proper opportunity to test themselves a little more than a year away from the 2015 Rugby World Cup,” said Jurie Roux, SARU CEO.
“The four Tests in November, which will see us take on Ireland, England, Italy and Wales, will provide very good preparation in typical conditions they can expect at the World Cup. It will be a tough tour, but I know the Boks will be ready to take on the best from that part of the world.”
Roux said that the decision to play the additional Test against Wales in November and the planned match against a World XV had been taken to source additional income for Rugby World Cup preparations as well as provide extra time in camp for the Springbok squad.
2014 Springbok Fixtures:
Castle Lager Incoming Series
- 7 June: Springboks v World XV (Venue TBC)
- 14 June: Springboks v Wales (Growthpoint Kings Park, Durban)
- 21 June: Springboks v Wales (Mbombela Stadium, Nelspruit)
- 28 June: Springboks v Scotland (Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, Port Elizabeth) (Book your accommodation HERE now)
Castle Lager Rugby Championship
- 16 August: Springboks v Argentina (Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria)
- 23 August: Argentina v Springboks (Venue TBC)
- 6 September: Australia v Springboks (Patersons Stadium, Perth)
- 13 September: New Zealand v Springboks (Westpac Stadium, Wellington)
- 27 September: Springboks v Australia (DHL Newlands, Cape Town)
- 4 October: Springboks v New Zealand (Ellis Park, Johannesburg)
Castle Lager Outgoing Tour
- 8 November: Ireland v Springboks (AVIVA Stadium, Dublin)
- 15 November: England v Springboks (Twickenham, London)
- 22 November: Italy v Springboks (Venue TBC)
- 29 November: Wales v Springboks (Millennium Stadium, Cardiff)
The following two tabs change content below.
These businesses support MyPE: