Greetings to you all,
Recent posts on the two Facebook pages have again raised the urgent need for funds. I know some of you are tired of hearing this appeal for money, but most are unaware of the state of the SRA progress. So here it is, as of today!
Some time ago, I was asked to head up a small project team to get ALL the legalities in place.
- We went through the draft MOI (Memorandum of Incorporation) with a fine tooth comb. No sane person should ever sign a legal document without understanding every single line of the legal jargon. This process required a lot of back and forth between parties concerned, mainly lawyers.
- The MOI has now been agreed to and it is now in the legal process to establish and register our SRA as a Non-Profit Company.
- Once registered, other processes must be tackled, namely registering this new company for VAT, U.I.F., Workman’s Compensation, PSIRA and SARS. This ALL takes time.
- The final step will be the signing of a Financial Agreement between the newly formed company and the Municipality. Without that being in place, NO SRA levy will be applied to any Rate-Payers municipal account, AND therefore NO money collected by the municipality will be transferred into the new company’s bank account.
- Only after the signing of the Financial Agreement can levies be applied to out account. I believe it is more than likely that the first monies paid over to our new company will only happen between 60 and 90 days after the SRA levy first appearing on our statements.
With all the above being clearly laid out before you, you can see that it is vital that those good folk who have freely given every month continue to do so. When, as it is now, the bank balance falls to such a low amount that we cannot even put petrol in the bakkie. What do we do? No money – no fuel – no patrolling – ??????
Come on folk, you have been so brilliant in the past 2 to 4 year, way before SRA was every mentioned. Now that we are so close to the inception of the company and 24 hour a day patrolling and cleansing, can we really afford to have everything we have worked so hard for, collapse due to insufficient funds?
I write this NOT to place a guilt trip on anyone, but to encourage you to come to the party and see our suburb through to the end. Just another 2 or 4 months of donations should see us through to a fully functioning service company.
Project Leader for the Richmond Hill Special Rating Area
The following two tabs change content below.