Audiences for GS’s exciting new revue, Page to Stage are unanimous – this show has it all! “Brilliant” singing, high octane dance numbers and a host of your favourite songs from over 40 great musicals that began their life as a written work.
Inspiration for great musicals comes from a variety of sources and many began their life as a book, poem or play. Some of these are well known such as My Fair Lady, Jesus Christ Superstar, Oliver, The Secret Garden or The Wizard of Oz, others are far better known for their stage versions including Mame, Showboat, Chicago and Sweeney Todd.
Page to Stage is devised and directed by Rose Cowpar, ably supported by Musical Director Richard Campbell, both of whom join the on stage antics with a talented cast of 30 energetic singers, dancers and actors. Featured soloists include Jody Butler, Lara Potgieter and Bronwyn Maree who thrilled audiences in last year’s The Pirates of Penzance and Damien Anderson and Minkie-Anne Grundill who starred in the PEMADS production of Honk! Young stars in the making Emily Bradley, Kerry-Lee Jeffrey and Amber Burnhams will prove that the Port Elizabeth stage is in good hands whilst “pocket rockets” 8 year old Serena Escola and Georgia-Jo Palmer, 9 years, give performances beyond their tender years. Bennie Gerber and Andrea Morris are just 2 of the choreographers who have our dancers tearing up the stage to numbers such as Superstar from Jesus Christ Superstar, Disco Inferno, America from West Side Story and 42nd Street.
The musical numbers in the show also include Master of the House, With a Little Bit of Luck, A Spoonful of Sugar, Before the Parade Passes By, When You’re Good to Mama, and Life Upon the Wicked Stage. There are relatively unknown gems from Merrily We Roll Along and The Hunting of the Snark as well as numbers from more recent Broadway hits, Naughty from Matilda the Musical and Falling Slowly from the Tony winning Once.
Page to Stage runs until 14 June at the Savoy Theatre at 7:30 with a matinee on Saturday 14 June 2014 at 2:00 pm. Seating is cabaret style so patrons can enjoy a finger supper during the show. Tickets are on sale now at all Computicket outlets at just R90 per person or book a table of 8 for only R650 and save. Group bookings can be arranged through Dee Symes on 082 875 1458.
Page to Stage Thank yous:
- Brightsparx for our car branding and for being there, every show, every time
- Carole Stevens and Jenny Maltby for our stage decor
- Centenary Methodist Church, Erica Girls School PE Opera House for loan of props
- Cheslyn Botha from CB Entertainment for lighting sponsorship
- Clear as a Bell for their ongoing support
- Ed Cowpar Captain’s for support of every kind and the donation for our raffle
- Little Slipper for donating our “Naughty” school shoes which will be donated to Maranatha Children’s Home
- Magda and Fernando Escola for their constant support and the yummy pizzas from St Elmos Walmer Park as well as a raffle prize
- PEMADS for the loan of their follow spot
- for the loan of stage props
- Steel Pipes Fittings for their donation of steep pipes for the set
- Ron Brendon Rees for building our toy box
- Squires Restaurant at the Boardwalk for donating a raffle prize
- Vanessa Palmer for loan of props
- Theodor Herzl Schools for the use of their hazer
The following two tabs change content below.