1. We, the shopstewards from all the companies in which NUMSA organises in the Port Elizabeth Local, gathered in St Francis Bay from the 17th to the 19th of October 2014 to discuss and plan how best to improve services to our members, how to continue to grow our giant union, and how to work better to fast-track the implementation of our historic December 2013 NUMSA Special National Congress Resolutions and Decisions.
2. The Eastern Cape Region now has grown to more than 36 000 members.
3. We have rededicated ourselves to build, grow and deepen the unity of the union in our Local. We have rededicated ourselves to work to improve the quality of services our union delivers to all out member, in line with our NUMSA Service Charter.
4. We vow to work together to ensure that we defeat all efforts to weaken, divide or destroy the union by our enemies who are very unhappy with our historic Special National Congress Resolutions. United and guided by our revolutionary Marxism-Leninism, we know we shall defeat them!
5. We have been properly briefed by our Deputy General Secretary over progress on building and growing our Union and on national work to fully implement the December NUMSA Special National Congress Resolutions.
6. We welcome the union’s determination to formally launch the United Front in December this year.
7. We are determined to make Port Elizabeth, with its rich revolutionary community and working class history of struggles against our apartheid past
Read More Here: http://allafrica.com/stories/201410202786.html