Staff at Nelson Mandela Bay University in Port Elizabeth were asked to stay put on Wednesday while management engaged with students who had started blocking entrances to both the North and South Campus.
The Student’s Organisation SASCO held a mass meeting to discuss funding and registration.
It says students want to register and there cannot be a situation where people are excluded – based on finances – after government previously promised free higher education for all.
NMU spokesperson Zandile Mbabele told Algoa FM News a short while ago that the entrances to the university are still blocked.
She said management is trying to meet with students to have issues formally tabled so that they can explore how to move forward.