In the past 10 to 15 years issues of moral regeneration have always been at the back seat in government plans of development. Through the Religious Unit office of the Speaker, the current coalition government has committed to create Creating a God-fearing and Good Citizenry Community.To this effect, the Office of the Speaker is planning to host a Religious Sector Summit to elect a new Religious Unit Structure.
This structure will be responsible for planning and coordinating the activities and programmes that create a platform of interaction between the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and the Multi-faith Leadership community in the Metro.
The Key Objectives of the Summit are the following:
- To create a platform for the Multi-faith leaders in the metro to engage on issues of spiritual support, good governance and restoring moral fibre of the society.
- To strengthen the functionality of the Religious Unit through putting in place a new structure for the Religious Unit.
- To find innovative ways of integrating the work of the Religious Unit with the livelihood of schools within the metro.
- To assess the relevance of the current terms of reference of the Religious Unit passed by Council on 27th August 2013.
- To allow the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality through Human Settlements to engage with Religious Sector on the issues related to Disposal of Municipal Land designated for worship purpose (Church Site).
- To empower Religious Leaders to help communities rediscover their moral and ethical compass.
The Summit will take place on Friday, 9 June 2017 in the Feathermarket Hall from 08H00 to 13H00
More than two hundred representatives/leaders from different religious sectors will attend the Summit.
The following two tabs change content below.
Article source: http://mype.co.za/new/nmb-religious-summit/88722/2017/06