The South African National Roads Agency Ltd (SANRAL) would like to advise motorists of traffic disruptions taking place from tonight, Thursday, 19 November, in Port Elizabeth.
Roads will be closed during the evenings in order to complete the asphalt patching operations. At each road to be closed, a variable message sign (VMS) board will be in operation.
The following roads will be closed during night time:
- St. Georges interchange off and on ramp EB 19-Nov-15 19:30-05:30
- Commercial interchange on and off ramp WB 20-Nov-15 19:30-05:30
- Stanford interchange on ramp EB 20-Nov-15
- Settlers interchange Section 1 (West bound off ramp) 21-Nov-15 19:30-05:30
- Settlers interchange Section 3 (South bound) 22-Nov-15 19:30-0:530
- Settlers interchange Section 3 (East bound on ramp) 23-Nov-15 19:30-05:30
- Settlers interchange Section 4 (North bound) 24-Nov-15 19:30-05:30
- Cape Road/ Kragga Kamma interchange EB 24-Nov-15
Herewith some assistance with regard to alternate routes:
Alternative routes: St Georges:
From the west to Motherwell and Wells Estate Bluewater Bay interchange: turn left into Weinronk Way, left into Hillcrest Right into Riverside, left into Tipper’s Creek, right into Amsterdamhoek Drive and right into Grahamstown Road (R102)
Going east from Motherwell: Turn left (west) onto R102 off Addo Road (R335), then right into Neptune Road, and left onto N2 at Neptune interchange
Going east from Wells Estate: turn right (west) onto R102 off Addo Road (R335), right into Neptune Road, and left onto N2 at Neptune interchange
Alternative routes: Commercial Road
From west approach Kempston Road interchange, turn right onto Commercial Road (R75).
Going West: West onto Chase Drive to Stanford Road interchange.
Alternative routes: Stanford Road interchange
Follow Stanford Road to Kempston Road, turn left (east/north-east) onto Kempston Road interchange.
Alternative routes: Kragga Kamma interchange
If on Cape Road, proceed to Cape Road and Disa Avenue intersection, turn north onto Disa Avenue to the William Moffett/Cotswold interchange.
If on N2, take William Moffett/Cotswold interchange. Proceed to Disa Avenue and Cape Road intersection.
Motorist are advised to travel with caution and to plan their trips in advance.
The following two tabs change content below.