Following the resignation of the City Manager, Mpilo Mbamisa and the suspension of some Executive Directors and Directors, Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is pleased to introduce the senior managers who were unanimously appointed by a full sitting of Council today (November 12, 2015).
The new appointees:
- Mr Johann Mettler: Acting City Manager, seconded by Cogta
- Mr Andile Tolom: Permarnet Executive Director for Public Health
- Ms Vuyo Zitumane: Acting Executive Director: Corporate Services, seconded by Cogta
- Mr Oscar Mangwanza: Acting Director, Human Resources, seconded by Cogta
- The process of recruiting managers to fill the positions in which they are acting will now commence.
- Ms Pinky Mathabathe, the Chief of the Metro Police has been appointed Acting Executive Director: Safety and Security.
Welcoming team, Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Executive Mayor, Danny Jordaan said he was he is confident that this collective has enough experience.
“Their experience will contribute immensely to our objective of good governance, accelerated service and economic development. I am grateful to Deputy Executive Mayor, Bicks Ndoni for managing the process of managing the smooth transition from Mr Mbambisa to the new Acting City Manager and this new team that we are introducing today. I thank all the councillors for the positive spirit displayed during the discussion of the matter in Council as well as the unanimous endorsement of all the candidates,” said Executive Mayor, Jordaan.
“On behalf of Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, residents, rate payers and the whole community, we wish them all the best in their new responsibilities,” added Executive Mayor Jordaan.
The following two tabs change content below.