Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism (NMBT) appointed and finalized the new board members at the Annual General Meeting on Thursday, 20 November. This was followed by the inaugural meeting of the new board constituency on Tuesday, 26 November 2013 in which Ms Erika Rautenbach was elected as Chairperson and Ms Zoe Waters as vice Chair.
Ms Erika Rautenbach, Chairperson of NMBT Board, advised “I am both honoured and excited to have been nominated to chair the NMBT board alongside a talented group of selected individuals. With the exceptional level of industry and business experience represented, our goal will be to provide solid leadership, guidance and accountability to both the organization and its stakeholders in an effort to grow the Nelson Mandela Bay brand around the globe.”
NMBT ran an open and transparent process which was audited by PKF Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors. The process consists of nominations by qualifying NMBT members who elect the chosen nine at the Annual General Meeting. This is followed by the voting of the board members to appoint the Chairperson and Vice.
Board members may serve a term of up to three years with a possible renewal of one additional term of up to three years and at most serve for six consecutive years. Of the nine representatives elected, four members will be serving their second term of three years. Five members will commence their first term.
The boards’ role is to ensure that corporate governance is adhered to as well as monitor the implementation (by the executive) of the organizational strategy.
NMBT CEO, Ms Skefile advised, “The new board will guide the organization into the development of the next 3 year strategy, together with the respective business plans. Primary focus will be on stepping up destination marketing efforts in order to position NMB as a place to meet and visit.”
The appointed members of the Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism Board are:
- Ms Erika Rautenbach, General Manager at Garden Court Kings Beach
- Ms Zoe Waters, Director of Finance and Operations at Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber
- Mr Mike Callaghan , Director and owner of Callaghan Tours
- Mr Azad Cassim, Airport Manager, Port Elizabeth International Airport
- Mr Shaun Fitzhenry, Owner of Bay Language Institute – a language school operating in Edu – Tourism.
- Mr Alan Fogarty, Owner of Alan Tours and specialist wildlife guide
- Mr Sithembiso Foster, Managing Member at Ezethu Tours (Tour Operator)
- Mr Mark Hartmann, General Manger and owner, Summerstrand Hotel
- Ms Michelle Muller, Radisson Blu Hotel – Director of Sales Marketing
Having a representative board enables the industry to make a contribution and play a meaningful role in destination marketing. This ensures increased advocacy levels from various stakeholders.
NMBT CEO, Ms Mandlakazi Skefile, said; “The new members of the NMBT Board come from different industry sub-sectors and will play a valuable role as we continue to market Nelson Mandela Bay as a preferred destination”.
The following two tabs change content below.
These businesses support MyPE:
MyPE supports PE business: