The Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan municipality today confirmed the suspension of municipal officials in various departments.
Newly Suspended officials include: Roland Williams (Communications), S. Nkanjeni (Supply Chain Management) and Ms C Ritter-Erasmus (Communications).
M. Mapu from Human Settlements – currently on sick leave – will receive his letter of suspension as soon as the office of the City Manager can contact him (or he reads of his suspension on MyPE).
C. Jamda in the human Resources has also been served with a letter of intention to suspend him and will make representations on 8 September 2015.
The suspensions relate to a range of allegations of irregularity, gross negligence, failure or refusal to cooperate with an investigation and violation of the provisions of the Municipal Finance Management Act. Acting City Manager, Mzwake Clay says; “In the interest of protecting the integrity of this process, the details of allegations against specific individuals will not be provided at this stage.”
The above suspensions are in addition to the twelve other employees suspended since June 2015 who will soon appear in disciplinary hearings.
“The suspensions are necessary in order to allow investigations to take place, after which a determination will be made on further disciplinary proceedings. The Municipality wishes to emphasise that the officials must be presumed innocent until proven guilty at a duly constituted disciplinary hearing. The rights of officials should therefore be respected and upheld at all times,” continued Clay.
Officials of the Municipality and members of the public who may have information useful to investigators have been asked to please share that info with the Internal Audit Office.
The names of the officials suspended to date are:
- L. Blignaut: Building Inspector, Human Settlements – 11 June 2015
- N. Gerwel: Deputy Director, Capital, Budget and Treasury – 17 July 2015
- R. Jassen: Cashier, Economic Development – 20 July 2015
- N.N. Cakwebe: Cashier, Economic Development – 20 July 2015
- N.P. Jesile: Cashier, Economic Development – 20 July 2015
- T.M. Ngcanga: Cashier/Clerk, Economic Development – 20 July 2015
- T.G. Nonziyana: Cashier, Economic Development – 20 July 2015
- C. Els: Cashier, Economic Development – 20 July 2015
- S.A. Cornellissen: Cashier, Economic Development – 20 July 2015
- D.I. Nokele: Director, Fresh Produce Market, Economic Development – 22 July 2015
- M.M. Ndoyana: Executive Director, Corporate Services – 22 July 2015
- L. Petuna: Executive Director, Human Settlements – 30 July 2015
The following two tabs change content below.