Eskom announced the resumption of load shedding today and declared STAGE 1 in some areas due to high demand or urgent maintenance being performed at certain power stations
On the back of Stage 1 Eskom load shedding for January the schedules for the next following two months are also looking pretty bleak with 17 days of load shedding forecast for February and 16 in March, so now would be a good time to start preparing.
Short Term fixes include:
- Hire a generator from around R750.00 per day (just remember that fuel is more expensive than electricity)
- Buy a portable generator (petrol is cheaper than diesel) and effective generators start from around R6 000 for 2.2 KVA up to R45 000 for 15 KVA. Diesel Generators are around double the price per KVA than petrol generators.
- Buy candles – around R12.00 for six
- Install a Gas Hob – from R2 700.00 (Gas is more expensive than electricity)
- Have a braai
- Install rechargeable LED Lights from around R50.00 each
- Buy rechargeable LED torches from R50.00 each
- Buy a portable camping gas hob from around R500.00 – 9 kilogram gas cylinders cost around R700.00 each
- Buy a Skottel – around R600.00
- Gas lights for your cylinders cost around R200.00
- Or you could just enjoy the peace and quiet and play Candlelight Monopoly with the family at around R300.00
- Fill empty plastic cooldrink bottles with water and place them in your deep freeze. If the power is out for a long time you can take them out and put them in your fridge to keep food
...........Previous: SAPS mourns loss of membersNext: Fast Forward Deliveries