On 1 November 2014, the Kragga Kamma Country Club will be celebrating their 13th birthday and plan to make this day a joyous one for all competitors – especially those who stay behind for the late afternoon prize giving. Players of all levels are welcome to come and join the club on the golf course; even non affiliated players are very welcome. There will be sponsored T-boxes and greens and obviously the regular ‘watering holes’ too.
In the next year or so it is envisaged that the course will be upgraded even further with some strategically placed improvements. This will further add colour to the course which already boasts 4 dams and two environmentally sensitive areas.
While most of the funds being generated by the Committee are utilised to fund enhancements of the Club, Kragga Kamma Country Club is involved with some Community programmes and have already pledged some donations via the ‘Algoa Cares’ programme.
Frans Schellingerhout says; “We are looking forward to the mentioned Anniversary golf day. Bookings are already open and we have already many sponsors and players, some from out of town, committed to join us on this day. Quite a number of very good prizes have already been received for this IPS competition. There are still slots available as we can accommodate about 240 players on a full day of golf. First come, first served, of course!”
Bookings can be made at 041 379 4155
In addition the Kragga Kamma Country Club are offering FREE advertising space on the back of the Club house – no strings attached!
A number of special offers are offered by the golf section. Amongst these there are:
- ‘Magic Mondays’ – Pensioners play all day for a single payment. Members pay R25 only.
- School going children pay only R20 for 9 holes and accommodating teachers can join in for the same amount.
- Play 5 games and your 6th one is for free.
- Mussel Crackers group: These are mainly Pensioners meeting on Tuesday mornings for a 9-hole competition. All welcome to join in.
- Wednesday golf: R50 for 18 holes
- Once a month an evening of Night golf is arranged under the definition of ‘Lots of fun after sunset’. Many golfers have already enjoyed this Friday evening outing. This is also when the outside braai area is fully utilised.
The following two tabs change content below.