Looking through the archives of MyPE I came across a December 2014 announcement of plans to spend ratepayer money to honour former Executive Mayor Ben Fihla in the following manner:
- A Stage play titled “The life and times of Benson Fihla” – Thursday, 11 December at the Opera House
- The Benson Fihla Mayoral Golf day on Friday, 12 December at the Humewood Golf Course
- A Mayoral Gala Dinner on Friday, 12 December in the Venue: Selly Hall, Feather Market Centre
- A Formal opening of the Life and times of Benson Fihla Exhibition on 17 December at the Art Museum
Would there be an outcry if the present municipality had to:
- Stage a play titled “The Life and times of Athol Trollip”
- Host the Athol Trollip Mayoral Golf Day
- Host a Mayoral Gala Dinner
- Present a ‘Life and Times of Athol Trollip” exhibition at the Art Museum
EDITOR: I must hasten to say that I personally think that Oom Ben is a nice grandpa who was unfortunately used by his fellow party members – if you see him please give him a hug from me.
The following two tabs change content below.