MyPE recently posted an article – Andile Mngxitama – the Latte Revolutionary – in an attempt to assist the Daily Maverick to highlight Black Land First Head Honcho Andile Mngxitama as the Latte Revolutionary whenever a Google Search is done for the words ‘Latte Revolutionary’.
Strike ONE in our dastardly plan was to get a favourable listing on Google for the words ‘Latte Revolutionary‘.
If you are interested in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) then THIS is how we did it in this first article – Andile Mngxitama – the Latte Revolutionary:
- The title and the URL match
- The title is less that 76 characters (with spaces) and less than 64 characters (without spaces)
- The name of the .jpg, the caption and the Alt Text all contain versions of the keywords
- The keywords ‘Google’ appear close to the word ‘Google’ with a hyperlink to the Google results for the keywords
- The acknowledgements for the images contain the keywords
- We link directly to the Daily Maverick article which mentions our keywords
- We lead in AND out with our keywords in the opening and closing paragraphs
- Subsequent and related articles contain links back to the previous articles
- We do not STUFF our article with the keywords
- Our tags include our keywords
- The MyPE Social Media accounts carry the article immediately we publish it
- We link to the image’s attachment page to help the Google Image Bot find and index it
- Of course it helps enormously that we have been online for 14 years
- It helps that many other web sites link to MyPE
- It also helps that we have developed a ‘trust’ relationship with Google
- And, daily/hourly unique and interesting content helps ensure that the Google Bot just sits on MyPE and never moves.
If you compare the screenshot results below to the first set published – Latte Revolutionary – Strike ONE you will see a progression.
- The first results from 11:00 am on Sunday happened within an hour of the first article
- This second set of results from 7:54 am this morning contain the second article neatly below the first (Strike ONE)
- This set of results also carries TWO results from MyPE’s ‘Budget Accommodation Port Elizabeth‘ web site
- PLUS – as a bonus to the Daily Maverick the article linked to from MyPE that contained our keywords – Latte Revolutionary – also makes it appearance. Proof of the value and of how important it is to get good quality links from other high quality trusted web sites.
So MyPE and South African media now dominate the Google search for the keywords ‘Latte Revolutionary’ in articles referencing our good friend Andile Mngxitama from Black Land First.
Looking ahead now we are hopeful that the inclusion of @Mngxitama will encourage people on Social Media to comment on the articles and generate more social media signals to the Search Engines to reinforce the importance of the keywords ‘Latte Revolutionary’.
— Times LIVE (@TimesLIVE) August 3, 2017
Times LIVE?V @TimesLIVE: #BLF Andile Mngxitama hurls insults at journalist Richard Poplak outside #DMNandosGathering at CTICC.
The red what? …. BLF leaders nje by kalkbay inspecting what property to expropriate. We also know who is watching us; we watching you back pic.twitter.com/KH1BLpm0XO
— andile (@Mngxitama) August 6, 2017
andile? @Mngxitama: The red what? …. BLF leaders nje by kalkbay inspecting what property to expropriate. We also know who is watching us; we watching you back
The following two tabs change content below.