Not much has changed on the road side in the Kouga area since yesterday, but here is the latest update, as per the Kouga Municipality, released at 3pm.
- The St Francis Bay – Oyster Bay has been opened – but only for 4x4s.
- The Humansdorp – Oyster Bay road remains closed.
- The Humansdorp – Hankey road remains the closed. The Weston bridge, just before Hankey, is still flooded.
- The Loerie Road, from the Gamtoos Ferry Hotel to Loerieheuwel, remains closed. The Melon bridge is still flooded.
- In Hankey the Milton bridge is also still under water.
- In Jeffreys Bay Johan Muller Boulevard in Paradise Beach is closed, as are sections of Cormorant Crescent and Dolphin Drive in Aston Bay. Apiesdraai, on the road from Jeffreys Bay to Aston Bay, is also closed.
- In St Francis Bay the Mahe Beat bridge over the canals has been badly damaged and is closed.
SAND RIVER BRIDGE, ST FRANCIS:
The Department of Public Works, who is responsible for the bridge, has indicated that they will start reconstructing the bridge as soon as possible. Their aim is to have at least one lane open for traffic by Friday evening.
The rain has again badly damaged the streets of towns such as Jeffreys Bay and St Francis Bay. Repairs on main routes In J’Bay are already started. Repairs in St Francis have been delayed by the bridge collapsing as getting tar across the Sand River to the town is near impossible.