The all-new zero-emission PEUGEOT e-2008 SUV is set for launch in early 2020. It is powered by a 100kW electric motor and 50kWh battery capable of 310 kilometers of range under the WLTP test.
Leonie Coetzee of the Kelston Group will be happy to put your name on the waiting list…..
The all-new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV will be the second vehicle to follow the ‘choose your PEUGEOT, choose your powertrain’ philosophy when it arrives later this year. The all-new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV will be available with a choice of 100% electric, petrol or diesel powertrains.
Combining class-leading levels of technology, an instinctive driving experience and sharp design, the all-new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV will offer a unique proposition in the compact SUV segment.
The all-new 2008 SUV features PEUGEOT’s latest 3D i-Cockpit® with hologram technology and a state-of-the art head-up display, increasing driver reaction times.
The all-new e-2008 SUV is powered by a 100kW (136bhp) electric motor and 50kWh battery. Under WLTP testing, the 100% electric zero-emission SUV will achieve 193 miles of range.
Capable of supporting 100kW rapid charging technology, an 80% charge will take just 30 minutes, while a full charge using conventional 7.4kW and 11kW fast chargers will take between eight hours and five hours.
With the MyPeugeot® app, owners will be able to pre-set the charging times, heating and air conditioning on their all-new e-2008 SUV, as well as check its current charge level remotely.
The all-new e-2008 SUV will feature two forms of energy recovery. Selecting Drive “D” recovery from the drive selector will feel similar to driving a standard diesel or petrol model, while Brake “B” provides more regenerative braking when lifting off the accelerator.
A series of unique styling cues help set the all-new e-2008 SUV apart from its petrol and diesel counterparts:
- A sparkling dichroic Lion emblem, with reflections alternating between green and blue depending on the angle of view
- An “e” monogram on the front side panel and tailgate.
- A body coloured chequered front grille
- Exclusive seat upholstery in Alcantara© on the e-2008 SUV GT
- Animation of specific information illustrating the operation of the powertrain in real time, accessed through the 3D digital instrument panel and can also be projected, like a hologram, via the colour
The 50kWh battery is positioned under the floor of the all-new e-2008 SUV, so there’s no compromise to boot or interior space whichever powertrain is selected.
Supporting motorists looking to make the transition towards electric, PEUGEOT will be launching new services to coincide with the arrival of the all-new PEUGEOT e-2008 SUV.
PEUGEOT’s new electric focussed service includes:
- Easy-Charge: A range of at-home or office charging solutions with a broad choice of equipment (heavy-duty socket, Wallbox, Smart Wallbox, etc.), a diagnostic service to assess the electric installation and plan for a better charging solution and final installation. Public charge offering via Free2Move Services, including a charge pass giving access to public charging points across Europe: drivers are able to pre-select terminals according to distance, speed and price of recharging.
- Easy-Mobility: Trip planner: a trip planning and organisational tool for long journeys via Free2Move Services; proposal of the best routes taking into account the location of charging stations on the route, sent to the in-car Connected 3D Navigation
- Mobility Pass: extended mobility by means of a pass for a rental internal combustion engine when needed
- E-coaching: a tool in the MyPeugeot app that allows drivers to receive advice on how to optimise their driving and the range of the all-new PEUGEOT e-2008 SUV
- Serenity: aiming to reassure drivers in their EV discovery process and let them enjoy their car in complete peace of mind
- New digital journey simulators to promote discovery and viability of the electric driving on the PEUGEOT website
- Special service contracts and road-side assistance, which may be included in a single finance package, to ensure peace of mind at all times
- Battery capacity certificate to facilitate vehicle resale with a guarantee of the vehicle’s battery charge capacity
The all-new e-2008 SUV is the second 100% electric vehicle from PEUGEOT, following from the all-new e-208 announced earlier this year. PEUGEOT has pledged that by 2023, its entire model line-up will feature an electrified version.
You can help the quiet revolution along by installing an EV Charging station outside your Guest House, Hotel, Coffee Shop, Restaurant, Shopping Centre or in your forecourt. Contact Straton Electrical for EV Charging Station options.
Tell MyPE your sentiments around Electric Vehicles:
The following two tabs change content below.