General Motors South Africa (GMSA) has commenced the legally required Section 189 process in line with announcements made on Thursday, May 18th.
In a press release GMSA said; “In response to significantly inaccurate reporting of the impact of these announcements on our staff, we believe it is in the best interests of our workforce to confirm that it is anticipated that approximately 589 employees will likely be affected by the proposed restructuring.
“This number is not final and is subject to the consultation process with employees and their representative organisations. Therefore GM cannot provide any further details on this point until the consultation process has been completed.”
- Devastating news from GMSA for Port Elizabeth
- GMSA and Isuzu Motors Announce Future Plans for Operations in South Africa
- Rob Davies responds to GMSA decision to quit South Africa
- NMBBC comment on GMSA quitting
- 589 GMSA Employees face retrenchment
The following two tabs change content below.