Do you dream about what you will do after you retire? Do you have an idea what your life will be like in retirement? Do you want your actual retirement to match your dreams?
The decisions you make or fail to make about your retirement are likely to have a huge impact on your life, and making the right choices is key.
To guide you to making the best decisions, Personal Finance and Alexander Forbes have again teamed up to bring you Ready Set Retire – a one-day conference to be held around the country in March. The theme of the conference is “Live your best retirement”.
Find out what retirement entails and how to tackle your retirement planning to enjoy this phase of your life, with the right balance between your financial and physical well-being.
The conference offers a full day of information from speakers who are experts in their respective fields, lunch and lots of reading material to take away to assist you in your planning. All this costs just R250.
In addition, after the seminar, you will be able to attend retirement-planning club sessions that will deal with topics in more depth throughout the year.
The conference will be held on March 5 in Port Elizabeth, March 9 in Cape Town, March 11 in Johannesburg and March 17 in Durban. The programme includes the following presentations:
* Tax planning for retirement – Jenny Gordon, head of legal advice for Alexander Forbes’s retail division;
* Investing for your goals – Gareth Johnson, head of individual investments at Investment Solutions;
* Understanding the realities of your retirement decisions – John Anderson, Alexander Forbes’s pensions industry expert;
* Getting your health cover sorted – Anthea Towert, Alexander Forbes’s health-funding expert;
* The retirement decision – Bruce Cameron, founding editor of Personal Finance, and a financial adviser from each region;
* Eating smart in retirement – Benny Masekwameng, celebrity chef and MasterChef South Africa judge; and
* Building a bridge between employment and retirement – Cathy Yuill, adult development coach.
Booking for the Ready Set Retire conference, through Computicket, is open.
Visit www.readysetretire.co.za for more information.