The first one-day Ready Set Retire conference took place in Port Elizabeth this week, but you can still get a ticket to attend the conference in Cape Town, Johannesburg or Durban.
Alexander Forbes and Personal Finance have teamed up to bring you the conference, which will help you to live your best retirement, regardless of who you are, how old you are or how much you have saved.
The programme is aimed at empowering you to understand the decisions you need to make when planning your retirement and to ensure that when you choose a path to follow you do so from an informed position.
Port Elizabeth delegates received information about making the most of tax deductions to help you save, what to consider when you contemplate the income you will receive in retirement, how to plan for your healthcare costs in retirement and some truths about how we invest.
But recognising that financial health alone doesn’t make for a happy retirement, delegates were also encouraged to ensure that their “fourth chapter” is a happy and fulfilled one. And they got some tips from MasterChef SA judge Benny Masekwameng on eating healthily without breaking the budget.
The dates for the one-day conference are Monday, March 9 in Cape Town, Thursday, March 11 in Johannesburg, and Tuesday, March 17 in Durban. The programme includes presentations by:
* The retirement decision – Bruce Cameron, founding editor of Personal Finance; and a financial adviser from each region;
* Understanding the realities of your retirement decisions – John Anderson, Alexander Forbes pensions industry expert;
* Building a bridge between employment and retirement – Cathy Yuill, adult development coach.
* Getting your health cover sorted – Anthea Towert, Alexander Forbes health-funding expert;
* Tax planning for retirement – Jenny Gordon, head of legal advice for Alexander Forbes’s retail division;
* Investing for your goals – Gareth Johnson, head of individual investments at Investment Solutions; and
* Eating smart in retirement – Benny Masekwameng, celebrity chef and MasterChef South Africa judge.
Tickets, at R250, include a light lunch. Book for the conference through Computicket.
For details, visit www.readysetretire.co.za