A Metro Task Team has been established, which is led by the Deputy Executive Mayor, Bicks Ndoni.
The NMBM is unhappy and concerned regarding the leakage of confidential information, as it take a dim view on matters.
The MBDA is wholly owned by the Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality and the Directors of the Board is appointed by the Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality.
A meeting will take place on 24th of February 2016.
I hereby thank the Board of Directors and Staff of MBDA for achieving success, confidence of foreign Donors, clean audit, the upgrade of the Port Elizabeth and Uitenhage city centres, Kings Beach, the Old Tramways Building, the restaurant hub in Richmond Hill and Baakens Valley.
Acting City Manager
Background: According to a report in The Herald Deputy mayor Bicks Ndoni proposed at a board meeting last month that both parties come up with an arrangement to keep Voges for another year – or at least until after the local government elections.
The minutes of the confidential meeting – seen by The Herald – state that Ndoni asked that Voges be allowed to stay “for the sake of creating a united front and stability in the current administration in the municipality”.
Ndoni told the January 16 meeting: “The elections are most likely going to be held during the month of August 2016.”
The minutes state that board member Advocate Luvuyo Bono had asked, however, whether the municipality was in fact requesting the board to go against the terms of Voges’ contract.
“With regard to the issue of stability, the MBDA and its members should guard against elevating an individual above an organisation,” Bono told the meeting.
“The contract is very clear that there should be no extension or renewal of the contract.”
Voges has led the MBDA since 2004. His five-year contract ended in 2009 and was then renewed for a further five years.
The following two tabs change content below.