The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is offering bursaries to students who wish to study towards an Engineering qualification at a tertiary institution.
This municipal Bursary Programme, spearheaded by the Infrastructure and Engineering Directorate, aims to provide access to high-quality and relevant education and training, skills development opportunities, including workplace learning and experience, to prospective learners who wish to study and gain technical skills. You will have to act quickly as the closing date is February 8, 2013 before 12 noon and no late applications will be considered.
Bursaries for study are available in the following engineering disciplines:
- B. Sc./Civil
- B. Sc./B. Eng. Mechanical
- B. Sc. Electrical Engineering
Who can apply:
- Grade 12 learners with South African ID numbers, who are permanent residents in South Africa.
- Must have Matric exemption, with Mathematics and Science, minimum B average (HG).
- Current students at university already studying B. Sc./Civil, B. Sc./B. Eng. Mechanical and B. Sc. Electrical Engineering.
The bursary will cover tuition, residence and meal fees.
The successful candidate will be required to enter into a binding contract with the Council after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary.
Where bursars are required to undertake experiential training, as prescribed by the course, with the Municipality, an allowance will be paid to the bursar during this period.
How to apply:
- Applicants must submit a detailed CV accompanied by a certified copy of their Identity Documents.
- If currently in Grade 12, a copy of the applicant’s Grade 11 final results, as well as Grade 12 June results. If, however, an applicant has completed Grade 12, a copy of the Grade 12 Certificate must be attached, or a statement of results. Current students at university must submit their latest statement of results.
Applications must be marked for the attention of the Executive Director: Corporate Services, PO Box 116, Port Elizabeth 6000 or handed in at the eighth floor, Lillian Diedricks Building, Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth. For more information, contact the Human Resource Office at 041 506 3259. No faxed, e-mailed or late applications will be accepted.