The Diocese of Port Elizabeth was established on 18 June 1818 by Pope Pius VII by the Apostolic Vicariate of the Cape of Good Hope. The Apostolic Vicariate of Cape of Good Hope, on 30 July 1847, was divided into an Eastern and Western District. On 15 November 1850 the Apostolic Vicariate of Cape of Good Hope, Eastern District became part of the established as part of the Apostolic Vicariate of Natal.
On 13 June 1939 the Apostolic Vicariate of Cape of Good Hope, Eastern District was renamed the Apostolic Vicariate of Port Elizabeth.
Bistum Port Elizabeth explores the history of the Catholic Diocese of Port Elizabeth in German.
- Publisher: Rupt
- ISBN: 9786139270835
- Length: 229mm
- Width: 152mm
- Thickness: 11mm
- Weight: 290g
- Pages: 192
Article source: http://buype.co.za/shop/bistum-port-elizabeth/