Wandering in the meat department one is always drawn to those displays of specially prepared meats. I must confess to being a little upset whenever I see those shining (read lots of sugar) marinades that most of the kebabs (sosaties) lie in saying; “Eat me”. I am always drawn to the ‘healthier’ looking chicken kebabs that have some sort of yoghurt dressing.
So, last night we decided to braai lean pork and chicken breasts served with Minty Mealies.
Looking at the chicken breasts I thought why not chop them up into cubes and try my own yoghurt marinade – they were declared a keeper so here goes:
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 250 ml plain yoghurt
- Handful fresh coriander – roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic – finely chopped
- Squirt or two of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Make the marinade by combining the Yoghurt, coriander, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a plastic or glass flat dish
- Cube the Chicken Breasts and thread them onto wooden skewers
- Thoroughly coat the chicken kebabs with the marinad and set aside for at least an hour – overnight would probably work best
- Braai over medium heat – do not dry out.
- 4 in conjunction with other meats
- 20 minutes to prepare, hour marinade, 10-15 minutes cooking
In hindsight I could have skewered the pork and tried the marinade on those sosaties as well.
Share your recipes with the Port Elizabeth community HERE.
Read More Here: http://mype.co.za/new/2012/02/best-chicken-kebabs/