There are some things that the Italians do extremely well: sports cars, food, and of course, shoes.
Now they’ve combined two of those things they’re famous for; namely cars and shoes. And as you’d logically expect, they go by the name of: Autoshoes. If you’re passionate about your car (or cars), these are definitely for you.
Autoshoes prevent tyres from going out of shape by cradling each one on a precisely-shaped, three-dimensional rubber mat. Not only that, but it extends the contact area by curving around the circumference of the tyre and increasing the effective footprint – thus preventing the deformation that can ruin the tyres of a car that is used infrequently. These obviously includes museum pieces, race cars, and those vehicles that usually only get taken out for shows, breakfast runs and other special occasions.
If you’ve ever driven a car that has stood for months and it felt like you were on a badly-potholed road the reason is usually because the tyres are out of round. Some tyres do recover from this over time but others can be permanently damaged.
So why run the risk of ruining perfectly good tyres, and also spoiling an event – driving your ‘special’ car – when it can be easily avoided with a set of Autoshoes?
Features and benefits of Autoshoes include:
- Pad width of 310mm – making them suitable for virtually all tyres sizes. Total pad length is 590mm.
- Non-slip ribbed surface – easy and safe to drive onto. They’ll also conform to uneven surfaces, while foam pads on the underside provide maximum grip whatever the surface.
- Made from top quality rubber – they won’t be damaged by oil and other fluids and products commonly found in a garage environment.
- Roll-on/roll-off design: no need to reposition the pads each time – simply drive over the first pair and when the rear tyres come into position, all four shoes are ‘on’. And you can leave them on for as long as you like.
- Portable – a set of four weighs approximately 12 kilograms and they are sold in a durable carry-bag. So the next time you go to Cars in the Park or Angela’s Picnic, you can park with your shoes on…
- Being Italian, they’re stylish and elegant too – because looking good at all times is important.
Autoshoes are available from Automotive Technology Specialists (ATS) for R2 995 excluding VAT a set.
The following two tabs change content below.