The Jaguar Art of Performance tour is now in full swing, following a successful kick-off day at the revamped Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit in Midrand, Gauteng. Instructors from the Jaguar Experience driver training academy and members of the media had access to Jaguar’s full line-up of high-performance SUVs, sports sedans and sports cars.
This event also marked the track debut of the new Jaguar F-TYPE SVR. This 322km/h supercar is the most powerful Jaguar ever made and the fastest cat on sale today. With a 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine producing 423kW and 700Nm, the All-Wheel Drive F-TYPE SVR can catapult from a standstill to 100km/h in just 3.7 seconds. As the first Jaguar model to emerge from the Special Vehicle Operations division at Jaguar Land Rover, the F-TYPE SVR features additional engineering that allows it to be lighter, faster and sharper.
Over the coming weeks the Jaguar Art of Performance Tour will visit a number of cities around South Africa, giving members of the public the opportunity to experience Jaguar’s range of lightweight, aluminium-intensive cars. These include the All-New Jaguar F-PACE – Jaguar’s first-ever SUV – along with the XE, XF and XJ sports sedans, and also the powerful Jaguar F-TYPE sports car.
“Getting into and driving a Jaguar is an experience like none other. They’re luxurious, and thrilling to drive, in a way that seduces the senses,” says Richard Gouverneur, Managing Director of Jaguar Land Rover South Africa and sub-Sahara Africa. “We want drivers from all corners of the country to have an unforgettable encounter in a Jaguar and see first-hand why our cars represent the Art of Performance.”
Those participating in the Art of Performance Tour will be able to drive Jaguar cars on normal roads as well as the race track, with professional guidance from Jaguar Experience driving instructors.
The Jaguar Art of Performance Tour will run until 19 November with the Port Elizabeth stopover taking place on 16 October 2016.
Customers who are interested can sign up at their nearest participating Jaguar dealership.
The full list of tour stops:
- 29 September: Jaguar Land Rover Stellenbosch
- 30 September: Jaguar Land Rover N1 City
- 1 October: Jaguar Land Rover Cape Town
- 9 October: Jaguar Land Rover East London
- 16 October: Jaguar Land Rover Port Elizabeth
- 22 October: Jaguar Land Rover Umhlanga
- 29 October: Jaguar Land Rover Hillcrest
- 4 November: Jaguar Land Rover Centurion
- 5 November: Jaguar Land Rover East Rand
- 6 November: Jaguar Land Rover West Rand
- 11 November: Jaguar Land Rover Menlyn
- 12 November: Jaguar Land Rover Vereening
- 13 November: Jaguar Land Rover Midrand
- 19 November: Jaguar Land Rover Sandton
The following two tabs change content below.