When I’m approached by clients looking to improve their overall health, weight and energy, I’m repeatedly reminded of the fact that we humans are subjected to some pretty stressful elements on a regular basis. Some of these can be easily recognised and understood, such as junk food and drinks, food chemicals, environmental pollutants etc. Some, however, have not been quite so well publicised, even though they have far-reaching health consequences.
In this article, I want to make you aware of the very real dangers that electromagnetic radiation can present to any and all living creatures. At the very least, you’ll be better informed and able to mitigate, to some extent, the impact these may have on you and your family…
The below excerpt is taken from the Electromagnetic Radiation Action Day; an international organisation dedicated to bringing these dangers to light and to offering alternative, safer solutions to current technology.
Cell phones, cell towers (GSM, 3G and 4G), WiMax transmitters, DECT cordless phones, smart meters and Wi-Fi access points constantly emit microwave radiation. This type of radiation penetrates normal walls and ceilings almost unimpeded. Thousands of studies have shown that exposure from microwave radiation has severe and long-term impacts on health.
On May 31, 2011 the World Health Organisation/International Agency for Research on Cancer classified the electro-magnetic radiation from cell phones as ‘possibly carcinogenic’ to humans based on an increased risk for glioma, a malignant type of brain cancer, associated with use of mobile phones.
Symptoms and health impacts from cell phone use:
- Heat sensation and numb feeling around the ears
- Headaches and concentration memory problems
- Tinnitus (Ringing in the ears)
- Auditory, parotid and brain tumours
- Neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Autism and ADD
- Altered sugar metabolism
- Breast cancer
Health impacts from radiation from cell towers, Wi-Fi, “smart” technologies and other infrastructures:
- Induced and intensified electromagnetic sensitivity
- Chronic fatigue, sleep disorders, depression
- Irritability, heart palpitations and muscular pains
- Short-term memory loss and neurological disorders
- Increased likelihood of cancers
- Suppressed immune system, thyroid and liver dysfunction
- Burning skin and rashes
Effects on fertility
Men who use cell phones 2 to 4 hours per day have 30% lower sperm count than non-users; daily use over 4 hours results in 40% lower sperm count. Studies have shown that microwave radiation can damage sperm. Laptops with Wi-Fi capability has also been proven to lower sperm count.
Protect your family
- Children should only use cell phones in the event of an emergency
- Do not place a mobile phone on your body, in your bra or pockets, or against your head whilst it is switched on
- Use your cell phone on loud-speaker away from your head, or use an airtube headset
- Do not use a mobile phone in enclosed metal spaces such as trains, vehicles or elevators
- Pregnant women should highly restrict their use of cell phones and not work in Wi-Fi environments
- Use a wired ADSL line for internet instead of Wi-Fi/ WiMax. Do not use routers to broadcast the signal throughout your home. Use an Ethernet cable
- Do not leave your cell phone switched on at night, especially not near your bed
- Ensure your child’s school is free of Wi-Fi and cell masts, and has hardwired computers
Did you know?
- Cell phone radiation damages DNA, which can lead to cancer and other diseases
- Those who began using mobile phones as teenagers have four to five times greater risk of developing malignant brain tumours compared to those who did not use phones at these ages
- Russia recommends that no one under 18 or pregnant women should use a cell phone
- France has banned all cell phones in primary schools and no advertising of cell phones is allowed to include children. Sale of cell phones to children under 14 is prohibited
- Wi-Fi has been removed from schools in France, Switzerland and some schools universities in Canada and the UK in favour of hardwired computers
- Germany has advised its citizens not to use Wi-Fi and has banned Wi-Fi in public schools
- France has removed Wi-Fi from its public libraries and some towns have removed Wi-Fi completely
- Cell masts / antennas:
- Cell masts are not permitted at schools in France, Switzerland, Germany, Taiwan, New Zealand, Italy, Australia, Sweden, Finland and some parts in the USA
- In Brazil, 500 cell antennas have been ordered to be removed after a study by the health department of Belo Horizonte showed an increased risk of cancer if you lived within 500 metres of cell antennas
For more info, check out www.EMRActionDay.org and www.emrrfsa.org