Round 1 of the Algoa Rally Association R50K Challenge kicked off with a bang with 18 entries on Saturday morning. Stage 1 was at Parsons Green just off Cape Rd. and the finish at the Hunters Retreat Hotel after special stages at the PEOTR and Jagtvlakte outside Uitenhage.
Andrew Heine and navigator Henry Adams driving a S1600 Toyota Auris took overall first place, followed by Rikus Schmidt Stephno Pieterse in a VW Golf and Ross Bartle Ricky Janse Van Rensburg driving a VW Golf in 3rd.
Neels Vosloo and Kevin D Futcher in the BMG Automotive PE and Tiger Wheel and Tyre Jeffreys Bay sponsored Nissan Sentra managed to hold on for fourth place after they took a time penalty having to repair a rear suspension at 3 different service parks.
The final overall results:
- Andrew Heine / Henry Adams – Toyota Auris
- Rikus Schmidt / Stephno Pieterse – VW Golf
- Ross Bartle / Rick Janse v Rensburg – VW Golf
- Neels Vosloo / Kevin D Futcher – Nissan Sentra
- Gregory Heine / Gary Heine – VW Golf
- Jacques Louw / Gabriel Groener – VW Golf
- Jan Vosloo / Ria Viljoen – Nissan Sentra
- Keith McGregor / Duncan Bezuidenhout – VW Polo
- Melissa Heyman / Anza Muller – VW Golf
- Darren Murphy / Matteo Cassale – Datsun
For more information, pictures and videos you can visit the Algoa Rally Club website.
Author: Webmaster Algoa Rally Club