The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations hosted in South Africa will be the 29th Africa Cup of Nations, the football championship of Africa organized by the Confederation of African Football (CAF).
The winner of the tournament will qualify for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil as the representative from CAF.
A total of 32 games will be played between 19 January and 9 February 2013 at venues acros South Africa – Soccer City in Johannesburg will host the opening match and the final. The other venues are; Mbombela Stadium in Nelspruit, Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth, Royal Bafokeng Stadium in Rustenburg and the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban.
The 16 participating teams are divided into four groups of 4 teams each:
- Group A – South Africa, Angola, Morocco and Cape Verde
- Group B – Ghana, Mali, Niger and Congo DR (All these teams will be based in Port Elizabeth)
- Group C – Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso and Ethiopia
- Group D – Côte d’Ivoire, Tunisia, Algeria and Togo
Afcon Cup Port Elizabeth Match Schedule (Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium):
- 20 January 2013 @ 17:00 – Ghana vs Congo DR
- 20 January 2013 @ 20:00 – Mali vs Niger
- 24 January 2013 @ 17:00 – Ghana vs Mali
- 24 January 2013 @ 20:00 – Niger vs Congo DR
- 27 January 2013 @ 19:00 – Cape Verde vs Angola
- 28 January 2013 @ 19:00 – Niger vs Ghana
- 2 February 2013 @ 17:00 – Quarterfinals, Winner Group B vs Runner-up Group A
- 9 February 2013 @ 20:00 – Third place play-off, Loser Match 29 vs Loser Match 30
The Final will be played on 10 February 2013 at 20:00 at Soccer City, Johannesburg.