As South Africa gets ready to go to the polls on Wednesday, below is a glimse of some interesting stats:
- 25 million – The number of South Africans registered to vote in the 2014 National and Provincial elections.
- 58 million – The number of ballot papers to be distributed to the IEC’s nine provincial warehouses.
- 29 – The number of political parties on the ballot paper for the 2014 National and Provincial elections.
- 26 000 – The number of voters who successfully applied to cast their ballots at 116 SA missions around the world.
- 8 651 – The number of candidates standing for election on the regional, national and provincial lists of 45 participating political parties.
- 22 363 – The number of voting stations across the country.
- 450 – The number of computers at the IEC Results Operations Centre in Pretoria.
- 31 – The number of media houses represented, stationed at the IEC Results Operations Centre in Pretoria.
- 20 000 – The number of law enforcement officers to be deployed across the country to ensure security during voting.
- 200 – The number of people who will be able to simultaneously connect to the wireless network at the IEC Results Centre in Pretoria. – SAnews.gov.za
The following two tabs change content below.