Mawande Jack A programme to produce hundreds of new professional engineers to be deployed in all of the province’s municipalities has been unveiled. The programme is a joint venture between the national Treasury and the Nelson Mandela Bay municipality. It entails a cash injection of R6m to train unemployed graduates who will be brought in […]
To see how hard working Ward Councillors go about their jobs, see Ward 9 councillor, Heinrich Muller’s newsletter below. You may contact Ward 9 using the contact form at the bottom of this report. Late collection of refuse due to shortage of trucks. We have received the following information from the metro. Please be advised that we are running … [Read More...]
Muir College matric pupil Lyle Ressouw, 18 (middle), receives a Samsung Galaxy tablet, the top prize for maths at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University’s AccMaths Winter School, from Deloitte Associate Director (PE office) Carin Langner and NMMU School of Accounting Director Prof Frans Prinsloo. Photo: Leonette Bower Muir College matric pupil Lyle … [Read More...]
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Chancellor Santie Botha writes an encouraging message in a book for second-year law student Bernice Bronkhorst. The book was one of several on leadership donated by the university’s Deans and awarded to students in a lucky draw. Photo: Leonette Bower “The most vital ingredient for the next generation of … [Read More...]
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words … MyPE is confident that images at the top of each article will be worth thousands of Rands for advertisers rather. I am quietly optimistic that the latest change to MyPE will be good for our advertisers and give them an even greater return on investment. The theory is that people always pause to … [Read More...]
On Friday, 25 July 2014, President Jacob Zuma proclaimed 1 August 2014 as the effective date for the implementation of the Employment Equity Amendment (EEA) Act. Johan Botes, Director in the Employment practice at Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr warns that the amendments to the EEA ushers in likely claims of equal pay for equal work by employees feeling … [Read More...]
For the large majority of consumers, purchasing a property will be the biggest investment decision they make and one that will affect their financial wellbeing for a long time to come, says Adrian Goslett, CEO of RE/MAX of Southern Africa. He notes that it is highly likely that the property they purchase will account for the largest percentage of … [Read More...]
The following speech was delivered in the Eastern Cape Legislature on Thursday by the DA’s Shadow MEC for Finance, Bobby Stevenson MPL, during the budget vote debate of Provincial Planning and Treasury. This budget takes place against a bleak fiscal and economic outlook for the province and country. The budget speech was made on the 6 March the … [Read More...]
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality (NMBM) Sport Association, an association for the municipality sport teams will be hosting a winter sports tournament in various venues in the City on 25 and 26 July 2014. Participants from various municipalities and government sectors within the Eastern Cape will be participate. NMBM Sport Association’s mission … [Read More...]
The Addo Elephant National Park (AENP), the custodians of the Bird Island Marine Protected Area (MPA) off Algoa Bay, recently celebrated the tenth anniversary of the proclamation of the area. The Bird Island MPA was officially proclaimed by former Minister of Environmental Affairs, Marthinus van Schalkwyk, in the Government Gazette on 4 June 2004. … [Read More...]
Click here for Port Elizabeth Products … [Read More...]
The free travelling Loeries Exhibition will arrive at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth from 4-8 August 2014. "The exhibition assists in highlighting brand communication, design and advertising as viable and rewarding career opportunities to the public, scholars and students," says Inge Economou, lecturer and programme leader … [Read More...]
An accident between a motorbike and a car took place at approximately 14h30 on Thursday 24 July at the intersection of Metz and Sedan Roads in Lorraine. The motorcyclist died on the scene whilst his passenger the two occupants of the motor vehicle were rushed to hospital. Their conditions are critical. At this stage, the cause of the accident is … [Read More...]
On a recent overnight trip to Bird Island I was pleased to discover that officials from the Department of Environmental Affairs rate Bird Island as the cleanest island along the South African coastline. No, this is not because people litter less in Algoa Bay, but because the custodians of the Bird Island Marine Protected Area – the Addo Elephant … [Read More...]
Courtesy of SANPARKS and the Addo Elephant National Park I got to overnight on Bird Island on 22 July 2014. On our travel in we spotted this poor seal pup on Black Rock – not having any equipment on board to catch or even to release the poor little bugger from his prison net we could only report his misery and hope that someone else would be in a … [Read More...]
Employees at Ford’s Silverton Assembly Plant as well as the Struandale Engine Plant have donated clothing and blankets to charities in Pretoria and Port Elizabeth as the final leg of Ford’s annual Winter Drive campaign. Over the past two months, employees lobbied together and donated clothing, blankets, hats and scarfs for distribution to poor … [Read More...]
A white male in his 50?s died this morning of a suspected heart attack while visiting the SARS offices. The man was on medication for his condition. No foul play is suspected at this stage. Regards Eye on Community The following two tabs change content below.BioLatest Posts … [Read More...]
NMMU Madibaz captain Kurt Duff led by example to scoop the FNB Man of the Match award in the opening game of the Varsity Football tournament against NWU in Port Elizabeth on Monday evening. Duff, who steered his squad into the finals of last year’s inaugural tournament, said he had no doubt that his team could win the tournament this time … [Read More...]
I have never visited Paris, but I have just last night visited a fantastic exhibition of excellent buildings and spaces, right here at the grand old Athenaeum in Central Port Elizabeth, called “100% Paris” Visiting exhibitions and events of this sort always gets me thinking and this time was no exception. It got me thinking about “Excellence” and … [Read More...]
South Africa’s iconic leader, Nelson Mandela, fought tirelessly to improve the lives of people around the world, and this spirit has been captured during this year’s annual Mandela Day on 18 July. The Ford Struandale Engine Plant used this initiative to transform the living conditions of a wheelchair-bound Port Elizabeth pensioner in the poor … [Read More...]
This morning shortly after 09h00 the SAPS were notified by members of the public, concerned for the welfare of a small child left in a vehicle at a shopping complex in Walmer. When the SAPS arrived at 6th Avenue Shopping Centre, they were shown a red VW Golf with a young child in the vehicle. The police were then informed that the young child had … [Read More...]
Suppliers of steam and valves and related equipment, gaskets, insulation, instrumentation, etcClick here for contact info…….. MyPE actively promotes 041 based businesses – see more Port Elizabeth business and products here. The following two tabs change content below.BioLatest Posts … [Read More...]
Suarez could make Barcelona debut in El Clasico Barcelona striker Luis Suarez, who is currently serving a four-month suspension for biting, is poised to potentially... … [Read More...]
The VW Port Elizabeth rally got underway in some great conditions with tough terrain. Watch the high speed stages out back of PE Creator:Posted to MyPE by: Iddo Steyn Submit your favourite Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch videos for consideration for publication on MyPE by filling in the form below: … [Read More...]
Specialized engineering solutions for agricultural, construction transport sectorsClick here for contact info…….. MyPE actively promotes 041 based businesses – see more Port Elizabeth business and products here. The following two tabs change content below.BioLatest Posts … [Read More...]
Click here for Port Elizabeth Products … [Read More...]
The NMMU Madibaz held NWU to a hard-fought 2-2 draw in their opening game of the Varsity Football campaign in Port Elizabeth on Monday night. Madibaz coach Graeme Harrison said his team gave a good account of themselves in front of an enthusiastic home crowd at the Madibaz Stadium. “Naturally we would have wanted a win but I was satisfied with the … [Read More...]
The Mandela Bay Development Agency (MBDA), this past weekend hosted the South African City Futures (SACF) team to facilitate two experimental workshops with citizens from the Port Elizabeth neighbourhoods of Korsten – Schauderville. These workshops formed part of a larger process, involving three neighbourhoods in Johannesburg and one in Cape … [Read More...]
Chippa United are expected to offer Dumisani Zwane a contract with the club to strengthen Kosta Papic’s squad for the 2014/15 season. It was recently revealed by the Siya crew that Zwane is in Port Elizabeth with Chippa for the team’s preparations for the upcoming season. According to a source close to the Eastern Cape-based newly-promoted … [Read More...]
Most Commented on
Mawande Jack The 2012 school year kicked off on a somewhat sour note in the province, with about 21 schools in the Nelson Mandela Bay municipality finding themselves without electricity because of outstanding payments. Many of the schools were also waiting for their support material to be delivered amid an undertaking by education MEC Mandla […]
THE African National Congress (ANC) celebrated its centenary yesterday, boasting that it is growing. It has reached its target of 1-million members, a target it set back in the 1940s. The party hopes that these are its foot soldiers, its defenders and its lifeblood. The figure is no small feat. As it turns 100, the […]
Sono was setting the record straight after some websites, including that of the Premier Soccer League, indicated that Ezenkosi would face Chiefs at the Sinaba Stadium in Daveyton instead of the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium. “Nothing has changed in as far as our match against Kaizer Chiefs is concerned. We will play the match in […]
Mawande Jack Nelson Mandela Bay’s musical talent has exploded onto the national scene following the release of a compilation CD by 14 local artists. Most of the new artists hail from townships like Motherwell, New Brighton, Soweto-on-Sea and Kwanobuhle and were inspired by the success of Gauteng and KZN hip hop and kwaito artists who […]
- Taurus MechanicalSpecialized engineering solutions for agricultural, construction & transport sectors
- Rix Steam and Valve CCSuppliers of steam and valves and related equipment, gaskets, insulation, instrumentation, etc
- Dalcor Estate GuesthouseDalcor Guesthouse Estate offers luxury accommodation at affordable prices.
- Cape HardchromeIndustrial hard chrome plating of cylinder shafts, worn bearings, seal areas, plates and other rollers. Cylindrical grind up to 4m long. We metal spray stainless steel, bronze, aluminium, molybdenum. We can supply standard sizes of chrome shafting.
- Creative Design StudioWe can design your corporate identity, brochures, invitations, poster, newsletters, packaging, postcards, advertising and marketing material and more. From small promotional leaflets to huge marketing campaigns we can help you develop your brand.
- Datacore Technologies (Pty) LTDSuppliers of Samsung and Xerox printers, copiers, fax machines, Multifunctional Printers, large format printers, PABX systems, Stationary, consumables, printing, copying and signage.
- DJ Gareth CoyleDJ for all occasions. Specialize in parties, 13th's, 16th's, 18th's, 21st's etc. I will provide all sound and lighting for your event. I have a wide range of music genere's, however I specialize in electronic house music and the latest chart stoppers.
- Buddy SoftwareTeaching aids for Primary Schools and parents with pre-school children.
- Dentist-Dr P. PillayPrivate dental practice. Friendly and efficient dental services. Cash and most medical aids are accepted. All dental procedures. Medical doctor also available at the centre.
- Chippa United Football ClubThe Chippa United Football Club was formed in 2010 when Siviwe (Chippa) Mpengesi acquired the Mbekweni Cosmos FC who were participating in the SAFA 2nd division. Initially headquartered in Cape Town, Chippa United FC moved to Port Elizabeth and the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in July 2014.
- Amy Bode PhotographyAmy Bode is a photographer based in Port Elizabeth, South Africa focusing mainly in fashion, beauty and advertising but has recently started building up a portfolio in family, couple and wedding photography and having a fun time doing so. She finished studying at The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in 2013 and has obtained her diploma in photography,
- Kegan Topper: Counselling PsychologistKegan assists adolescents, adults, couples and families better manage and resolve a variety of life challenges including depression, anxiety, trauma, bereavement, relationships, personal development and career development.
- Dyteso CabinetsCupboard solutions for every room! 3D Design
- Yotta (Pty) LtdYotta is a mobile and web application development and consultancy. Contact us to address all of your development needs.
- Pave KingFor all your paving requirements. You've tried the rest now use the best.